Job Title/Position: Volunteer Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all volunteer program activities in the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain volunteer training and orientation program.
- Recruits, educates, and selects volunteers from at least three (3) recruitment sessions a year.
- Establish a need for volunteer services with the patient and family/caregiver and entire hospice team.
- Supervise and evaluate volunteers in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintains monthly statistics.
- Maintains current personnel files.
- Reevaluate volunteer program as necessary.
- Coordinate support/education meetings.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Provides information to individuals and community groups about hospice volunteer services.
- Participates as needed in the budget preparation for program development.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- College degree, advanced degree in human services preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a health care setting. Hospice and/or volunteer experience preferred.
- Ability to supervise, coordinate, and evaluate volunteer services.
- Understands hospice philosophy.
- Ability to organize and develop volunteer hospice personnel for both patient and organizational needs.
- Ability to manage a group of individuals providing volunteer time and who will be considered employees.
- Attention to detail.