Job Title/Position: Executive Director/Administrator
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Executive Director/Administrator is responsible for the overall direction of the hospice services. He/she is responsible for the employment of qualified hospice personnel; is responsible for the provision of` hospice services, directly, and the delegation to and coordination of hospice personnel evaluations; is responsible for establishing standards of care to comply with federal and state regulations and guidelines. The Executive Director/Administrator establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBLITIES
- Operational planning and budgeting.
- Ensuring organizational compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Monitoring business operations to insure financial stability.
- Evaluating hospice services and personnel using measurable outcomes and objectives.
- Conflict and complaint management and resolution.
- Establishing and maintaining effective channels of communication including integration or technology, as applicable.
- Ensuring hospice personnel stay current with clinical information and practices.
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate staffing.
- Staff development including orientation, inservice, continuing education, competency testing and quality assessment performance improvement.
- Ensuring that interdisciplinary care is provided.
- Ensuring supportive services are available to personnel.
- Ensuring coordination with other departments, services and senior management, as appropriate.
- Ensuring staff and organization stay current on local and national hospice issues and trends.
- Ensuring that appropriate service policies and procedures are developed and implemented to accomplish identified outcomes.
- Directing staff in performance of their duties including admission, discharge, transfer, revocation, and provision of service to patients.
- Ensuring appropriate staff supervision during all service hours.
- Monitoring service utilization to ensure delivery of comprehensive care.
- Ensuring services provided by other agencies are authorized by hospice.
- Monitoring operational progress toward accomplishing operational and strategic goals.
- Ensuring appropriate data collection and regular, complete reports are received by the Governing Body.
- Ensuring adequate space, equipment and supplies are available.
- Ensuring actionable objectives are derived from evaluation of hospice services and personnel.
- Ensuring that structure and systems promote interdisciplinary care.
- Ensuring collaboration with agencies and vendors for effective management of services.
- Ensuring standards of ethical business and clinical practice are maintained.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Masters degree in health care or related field preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in health care management.
- Demonstrates an ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Has an ability to deal tactfully with the community.
- Has knowledge of corporate business management.
- Understands hospice care and the services provided to patient and family/caregiver through an interdisciplinary group.
- Intimate knowledge of Medicare Hospice Certification.